Historically the classes that have preceded us to this milestone and beyond
have experienced their highest reunion attendance rates at their 40th. We
would certainly like to continue that tradition and hope to see you there.
Registration: the on-line registration page is now open on www.usna.com to register for the event and various activity options listed below. Note: you may have to log-in to the alumni site before being directed to our registration page. On the registration website there is a page to “sign-up” for each of the activities listed in this schedule so we can get an early headcount. At the registration table when you check in, there will also be a sign-up sheet for those of you that want to decide then. If at all possible please try to decide early to make the logistics easier for the registration table staff. Pricing is listed toward the bottom of this page for your convenience.
Reunion Store: See www.usnaclasstore.com/72store.html.
==>> Download: Info Sheet and Pocket Guide (right click to download or just select to view as .pdf file in your browser)
Hotel Rooms: make sure you book your hotel rooms early using the instructions at the lodging section of this page. Note (as of 21 Jul 12) - added new overflow hotel at bottom of hotel list.
Photos on Facebook: We will be using a class Facebook site for your company reps to post photos from the event www.facebook.com/groups/usna72. Note this is a closed group and you must ask to join. Please join now!
Thursday, 20 September 2012
- 0700-1500 Local DC area tour - CANCELLED (regrets - due to low number of sign-ups) - refunds for those registered will be processed.
- 0800-1600 Mid Store open
- 1600-2000 Welcome Reception for all classmates at DoubleTree Hotel -- stop by for "meet & greet!" One free drink, then cash bar; hors d'oeuvres will be served!
Friday, 21 September 2012
- 0800-1600 Mid Store open
- 0800-2330 Bus Service to/from Hotels/Stadium (see schedule below)
- 0900-1545 Registration Dahlgren Hall upper deck (need volunteers to help at registration
table; contact Paul Bienhoff)
- 0900-1100 Museum tour (meet Mr. Cheevers in front of Museum at 0900) (sign
up on registration page)
- 0900-1500 Class Golf tournament, USNA 72. Sorry but this event is now full. (Contact Ed Wallace; meet at 1st tee at 0845 for shotgun start assignments.) Additional cost to be collected by Ed Wallace.
- 0900-1200 Tennis tournament- (sign up on registration page; contact Don Carlson; meet at courts by Dahlgren
Hall at 0900.) No additional cost.
- 1000-1200 Historical tour of Annapolis (sign up on registration page; contact Vanessa Hallihan; meet at 1000 at Lawyers Mall located on College Ave next to the
Governor's Mansion where Thurgood Marshall's statue is located.) Additional cost $13 per person.
- 1000-1130 Tour Engineering Building (sign up on registration page; meet at 1000 on 1st floor of Rickover
Hall - in front the Adm Rickover statue)
- 1210-1220 Brigade Noon Meal Formation T-Court
- 1250-1320 Catholic Mass, St. Andrews Chapel
- 1300-1345 Class Meeting, Mahan Hall
- 1400-1445 Superintendent's Welcome, Alumni Hall
- 1600-1700 P-rade in Honor of Class of 1972
- 1830-2300 Class Social will be held at the Navy Marine Corps Memorial
Stadium Banquet Facility in the N*-Room & & Hall of Fame. Reception includes
heavy appetizers, carving station & desserts, with open bar (beer and wine).
Tables, DJ & dancing upstairs, appetizers and socializing downstairs.
Dress for class social: The men's attire is business casual (no jeans or shorts).
"What should the women wear?" Women can wear a nice dress, slacks, casual
floor length dress or anything else that they feel is appropriate for a
non-formal event. Although this is a cocktail party, the normal "dressy"
cocktail attire may or may not be worn by some of the women, but is not
required. Parking at the stadium will be an additional
minimal cost to the guests who drive to the event. (Note: we need people to help decorate. Please contact Cindy Coyle.
Saturday, 22 September 2012
- 0800-1200 Mid Store open
- 0800-0030 Bus Service to/from hotels
- 1300-1600 Stragglers Registration at Tailgater (need volunteers to man
- 1300-2000 Tailgater! Access via security Stadium North gate; ticket costs are included in the registration charges and game tickets will be included in the registration package when you check in. YOU MUST HAVE A GAME TICKET TO GET INTO THE TAILGATE. ENTER TAILGATE THROUGH SPECIAL NORTH GATE.
- 1400-1600 Balfour rep (for miniatures, and resizing rings)
- 1500-1520 Brigade March-on
- 1530-1900 Navy vs. VMI
- 1900 Commence Independent Ops - Company Parties
- 2000 Last bus to hotels from game
- 2400 Last bus from downtown to hotels
Sunday, 23 September 2012
- 0800-1500 Bus Service to/from Hotels
- 0900-1000 Roman Catholic Mass - Chapel
- 0900-1200 Brunch in King Hall
- 1015-1045 Memorial Service, Levy Center
- 1100-1200 Protestant Service - Chapel
Note: Cars must have a DOD decal to drive onto the Yard.
| As we have done in the past, one bundled price for all
weekend activities. On-line registration is now available at https://www.usna.com/72reunion. Registration fee includes buses and all events (food and drink), including
Friday Night Social, tailgate, football tickets (standing room only), Sunday Brunch and the Memorial service. Registration Fee does NOT cover Hotels, DC tour, Annapolis tour, Golf
tournament or the Thursday Happy hour.
||1 February - 26 June
||27 June - 15 August
||16 August - 19 September
- Widows (anytime): $150.72
- Midshipman (Tailgater): $100
- Children 15 and under: $115.72
PRIMARY HOTEL (on USNA72 bus route):
- DoubleTree Hotel, 210 Holiday Court, Annapolis, MD 21401
- (410) 224-3150; www.doubletreeannapolis.com; GROUP CODE: U72
- Rate: $199++ for Thursday night thru Sunday night for two doubles or one
king. Breakfast for two included. Free parking. Rooms are blocked through
OVERFLOW HOTEL (on USNA72 bus route):
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 124 Womack Drive, Annapolis, MD 21401
- (410) 571-0200; www.annapolishampton.com; GROUP CODE: C72
- Rates vary by day (Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday) and room type
(Double/King/Suite) from $134++ to $169++, so be sure to click the summary
button when you book, to see each day's rate. Two night minimum applies.
Breakfast for two included. Free parking. Rooms are blocked through
2nd OVERFLOW HOTEL (on USNA72 bus route by walking across parking lot to DoubleTree Hotel bus access area):
- Best Western, 2520 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD 21401 (adjacent to DoubleTree Hotel, our primary hotel)
- No website reservations; call (888) 333-7959 and request USNA Class of '72 Reunion Block
- Rates vary by day (Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday) and room type (Double/King) from $79++ to $129++. Only reservations made under USNA Class of '72 Reunion Block will receive tickets (upon arrival) for the hot American Breakfast at the DoubleTree hotel next door. Free parking. Cancellations must be received by 9/19/2012 to avoid cancellation fee. Rooms are blocked through 8/21/2012.
Additional HOTEL (in-town & pricier) NOT ON BUS ROUTE. located between stadium (10
minute walk) and Naval Academy (15 minute walk), and has local shuttle
- O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel, 174 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
- (410) 263-7700; www.ocallaghanhotels-us.com; GROUP CODE "USNA1972"
- The O'Callaghan is NOT set up to have people go to the hotel website and
enter our group code. You can directly access our rates online and register via this
link: USNA72 Rates at O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel
- Rates for Thursday/Friday/Saturday): $239++ for standard room w/ two queens, $249++ for one king for 2 adults (addtl adult is $20, max of 4 per room).
Two night minimum applies. Cancellation less than 30 days out will be
charged one night's room/tax; cancellation less than 48 hours will be
charged for original length of stay. Breakfast NOT included. No free parking
but valet and garage available across the street. Rooms are blocked through
Additional HOTEL (NOT ON BUS ROUTE) but has some local shuttle service:
- Country Inn & Suites, 2600 Housley Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Reservations: 410.571.6700 or 800.596.2375, or online at http://www.countryinns.com/usnaclassof1972
- Rates: range from $119++ to $159++ depending on nights and beds. Two night minimum applies. 72 hour cancellation policy or one night's room++ charge applies. Rooms blocked through August 14, 2012.
- Complementary breakfast, wireless and pool. Free parking.
Bus service will be provided between the Hampton Inn and Suites, the
DoubleTree Hotel and Alumni Hall or the Stadium as shown below.
- Look for "72" Sign in Side Window.Buses run every 20-30 minutes.
- USNA bus access via Gate 8 only.
- Hotel stops: DoubleTree Hotel, Hampton Inn and Suites
Friday, 21 September 2012 1000-2330
- 0800-1800 Alumni Hall
- 1800-2330 Stadium
Saturday, 22 September 2012: 0800-0030
- 0800-1300: Hotels, Alumni Hall,
- 1300-1500: Hotels, Alumni Hall (expect traffic delays, and shop early!)
- 1500-2000: Hotels, Stadium
- 1900-0300: Hotels, City Dock
Sunday, 23 September 2012: 0800-1500
- 0800-1500: Hotels, Alumni Hall